Answered By: Ted Bergfelt Last Updated: Jun 27, 2017 Views: 637
Upon verification of alumni status and registration in the library's user database, alumni are afforded limited library privileges.
Borrowing Gumberg Library Materials
- Circulating books may be checked out for 28 days, with one renewal permitted
- Materials from other collections (Music, Curriculum Center, Audiovisuals, Phenomenology Center) circulate according to their respective time frames
- A maximum of 10 items may be checked out at a given time
- Renewals may be requested in person or over the phone at 412.396.6130
Borrowing Materials from Other Libraries - Interlibrary Loan and E-ZBorrow services are not available to alumni. - Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh: Library cards are free to residents of Allegheny County and non-residents who have an Access PA card.
Research Database Access
- Research databases may be accessed at public workstations located throughout the building
- Licensing restrictions prevent off-site access
- Study carrels and laptops are not available during the academic year
- Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis during the summer months and holiday periods
Printing and Wifi Privileges
- Alumni may purchase printing passes at the Circulation Desk. The cost is $3 for 100 pages or $15 for 500 pages
- Wifi is available to registered alumni. The Circulation Desk can provide you with those credentials
Procedure for Obtaining Library Privileges
- Visit the Circulation Desk and complete a registration form
- Forms will be verified as soon as possible, but may take up to 24 hours during the business week. Once forms are verified, the alumni user will be entered in the library's user database
- Alumni privileges are valid for one year and may be extended upon request
- To borrow materials, alumni must present a valid photo driver's license, passport, or employer ID card with photo
More Ways To Ask-A-Librarian
Ask for assistance at the desk located near the main entrance.
Call 412.396.6133 during hours the desk is staffed.
Text 412.265.3599 during hours the desk is staffed.
Email your question to email@example.com. You will receive a response within 36 hours.
Ask Here PA
Chat with a librarian 24/7. You may receive assistance from either a Gumberg librarian or a librarian from a cooperating institution.
Admin Login for Ask Here PA