Answered By: Ted Bergfelt
Last Updated: Jan 04, 2017     Views: 103

Gumberg Library may be used by students and faculty from other academic institutions as well as independent researchers who have received prior permission. The library has several direct-borrowing agreements with other university, college, and hospital libraries. Please ask a Reference Librarian for more information.

Please note that all visitors must present a current student/faculty ID and register at the desk upon entering the building.  You cannot use the library as visitor from another school without your current student/faculty ID.

Visiting researchers can contact Circulation Manager Tanya Frederick, for permissions to use the library for research purposes.


More Ways To Ask-A-Librarian

In person
Ask for assistance at the desk located near the main entrance. 
Gumberg's librarians provide research assistance  Monday-Friday, 10 am - 6 pm
Call us
Call 412.396.6133 during hours the desk is staffed.
Text us
Text 412.265.3599 during hours the desk is staffed.
Email us
Email your question to You will receive a response within 36 hours.
Ask Here PA
Chat with a librarian 24/7. You may receive assistance from either a Gumberg librarian or a  librarian from a cooperating institution.
Admin Login for Ask Here PA