Answered By: Ted Bergfelt
Last Updated: May 22, 2015     Views: 37

We encourage you to report excessive noise to the Circulation Desk. Staff members will conduct a walkthrough to ask disruptive people to comply with our quiet study policies. If the situation persists, the offending students may be asked to relocate to a floor which permits group study. In extreme situations, non-compliant students may be asked to leave the library or Public Safety may be called for further assistance.


Related Topics

More Ways To Ask-A-Librarian

a small icon In person

The Reference Desk is located near the main entrance. 
Reference Desk Hours:

Mon-Thurs, 8 am - 9 pm;
Fri, 8 am - 6 pm;
Sat, 10 am - 3 pm
  • a small icon Call us

    Call 412.396.6133 during hours the Reference Desk is staffed.
  • a small icon Text us

    Text 412.265.3599 during hours the Reference Desk is staffed.
  • a small icon Email us

    Email your question to A reference librarian will respond within 36 hours.
  • a small icon Ask Here PA

    Chat with a reference librarian 24/7. You may receive assistance from either a Gumberg librarian or a reference librarian from a cooperating institution.
Admin Login for Ask Here PA