Answered By: Leslie Lewis
Last Updated: May 27, 2015     Views: 45

Some databases allow you to limit to “peer-reviewed” results only. This can be very helpful, but beware: not all these results will be research and analysis ARTICLES or peer-reviewed. Some will be book reviews and editorials, and these are not subjected to the same level of critique.

To be certain that an article has undergone peer review, you can always contact a reference librarian by using one of the Ask a Librarian options for further assistance.

Related Topics

More Ways To Ask Gumberg

In person
Ask for assistance at the desk located near the main entrance. 
Gumberg's librarians provide research assistance  Monday-Friday, 10 am - 6 pm
Call us
Call 412.396.6133 during hours the desk is staffed.
Text us
Text 412.265.3599 during hours the desk is staffed.
Email us
Email your question to You will receive a response within 36 hours.
Chat with a Librarian
You can get help from a librarian 24/7. You may receive assistance from either a Gumberg librarian or a  librarian from a cooperating institution.
Admin Login for Chat with a Librarian