Answered By: Brandon Habron
Last Updated: May 21, 2015     Views: 105

If your professor has placed materials on reserve at the library, come to the Circulation Desk with the title of the material you are seeking and either the instructor’s name, course name, or course number. It is often very helpful for circulation staff to check your syllabus for the information needed to locate your course reserve. Reserves can be checked out for a set period of time, typically 2 hours, for library use only. This means that the material cannot leave the building.

Unsure if your professor has placed a book on reserve? Head to the Course Reserves page, and click the All print reserves link.

This will direct you to a catalog that allows you to search by instructor’s name, course name, or course number. Once located, you will have access to a listing of courses the professor teaches, and with each course, the materials on reserve.

Related Topics

More Ways To Ask Gumberg

Gumberg's librarians provide research assistance:
Monday-Friday, 10 am - 6 pm
Call us
Call 412.206.6867.
Text us
Text 412.265.3599.
Email us
Email your question to
Chat with a Librarian
You can get help from a librarian 24/7. You may receive assistance from either a Gumberg librarian or a  librarian from a cooperating institution.
In person
Unavailable due to building closure. 
Admin Login for Chat with a Librarian